Welcome to the Future Leaders Global Playbook
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead.
Welcome to the wonderful practicing leadership community of Future Leaders. If you aren't already aware, you are about to join the soon to be largest community of conscious leaders in the world, with a purpose of creating positive impact through self development and developing others. This guide is meant to help you along the way. Make sure to read it through, share it with the rest of your team, and use it as a reference. It may be long, but should have everything you need to navigate your role as an organizer.
This guide is designed to be the ultimate resource for helping cities plan their Future Leader Program. From high-level to nitty-gritty details, we've compiled and consolidated all our event organizing experiences into an easily-navigable and accessible resource. The bulk of this guide, however, is broken down in sections on the left side based on topic. We suggest new organizers skim through each section, then dive into each section in detail as you tackle the topic. Don't forget to check out all the additional resources we have linked in the appendix.
While we have kept the information general enough so that it applies across many regions, many resources/suggestions may only be relevant in certain contexts. Ultimately, in the spirit of lean methodology, this guide is a work in progress.This platform you are reading this handbook on is called Gitbook and is a learning platform and a tool to boost our communities collective knowledge. It is easy to change, develop and optimize everything in here, so do not hesitate to give us feedback. If you have questions, please reach out to your country manager, as they will have extensive information from past events.
We hope that you enjoy the journey,
Now that you have joined it's crucial that you start feeling like home! We are a community of aspiring leaders that practice taking responsibility for our world. This starts right where you are right now and the world around you. As part of this community you choose your own level of involvement and how much responsibility you would like to take on:
- You choose your own level of involvement. Read more about our online platforms here:
- Say hi on Discord @Everyone! Introduce yourself. What are you going to do? Where in the world are you working from? What is your favourite movie? What is the most important thing in your life? Also; Ask your fellow Future Leaders if they can add you in all relevant group chats.
- Ask Elin on Discord or by phone (00 47 95 46 91 62) who you should talk to. Then book coffee dates with them to get to know them.
- Invite to a kick off meeting/ workshop about your acountability where everyone can give input and information.
- Read trough the Program (LINK)
- Have Markus give you an Introduction to the program
- Sign up for a program in a city near you
Best of luck!
To understand what Future Leaders do you should;